Crumbed Avocado Steak13 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Crumbed Scotch filet steaks topped with slices of avocado and a rich mustard sauce.” - by THOMAS GREENBERG
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pound the steaks out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Coat steaks lightly with flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Dip steaks into lightly-beaten eggs, then coat with combined breadcrumbs and parsley, pressing on firmly. Place steaks on to tray, and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1/4 cup butter and oil over medium-high heat. Cook steaks until golden brown, and cooked to desired doneness. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- In a metal bowl, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mustard. Place the bowl over simmering water, and stir until sauce is thick and creamy. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup softened butter, and remove from heat.
- Place steaks onto serving plates, place two slices of avocado on each steak, and spoon the Mustard Sauce over each one.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1095 cal
- 88 g
- 34.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is excellent. I used Veal Schnitzel instead of scotch fillet but other than that followed the recipe correctly. The mustard sauce has a lovely strong flavour which works well with the deli..." See morecate avocado and veal flavours. My boyfriend loved it !!!"
"This was quite good. The only thing I would do differently would be to add more, or stronger mustard. My husband thought it was Hollandaise! Very tasty though, nice combination...." See more"
"It's a shame the steaks I used were so chewy - the mustard sauce paired with the avocado was absolutely delicious! The only problem I had was that the sauce was a little bit lumpy. It didn't make any ..." See moredifference to the taste, of course, but the presentation wasn't as good as it could have been. I would definitely make it again though. Thanks, Thomas!"
Awesome Korean Steak
Cumin-Rubbed Steaks with Avocado Salsa Verde
Just swipe to see more like this.