Beef Burgundy II11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“A little complicated, but excellent.” - by Leslie
Original recipe yields 6
- Place flour in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Dredge beef in flour to coat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy Dutch oven over high heat. Working in batches, saute beef until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Return all meat to pot, and add brandy; boil until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add wine, broth, thyme, garlic, bay leaves and oregano. Cover, and simmer until beef is almost tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions until brown. Using slotted spoon, transfer onion to large bowl. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet, add carrots and celery, and saute until golden. Transfer to bowl with onions. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet, add potatoes, and saute until brown on all sides. Transfer to bowl with other vegetables. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet, add mushrooms, and saute until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Transfer vegetables to pot with beef, and stir in nutmeg. Cover pot and simmer 45 minutes. Uncover pot, and boil liquid until thickened to sauce consistency, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 819 cal
- 46.7 g
- 32.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I don't know what the true definition of this dish is except delicious! The meat was tender and flavorful, the sauce (gravy) rich with layers of flavors. I personally loved the veggies and really app..." See morereciate the complexity they add to the dish. The aroma of the simmering pot was unbelievable! Thank you Leslie!!"
"The only problem I have with this recipe is the name. It made me believe it would have a richer more interesting taste but it ended up tasting exactly like a typical beef stew. Many stew recipes are..." See more much simpler and yield a very similar result."
Beef, Burgundy Style
Jennifer's Burgundy Beef Stew
Just swipe to see more like this.