Swedish Meatballs III6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Looking for a good Swedish meatball recipe, then here is your find! Swedish crispbread can be substituted for the saltine crackers.” - by Hope
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt margarine in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion in margarine, stirring often, until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix cracker crumbs, ground beef, egg, nutmeg, and allspice with the onion until blended. Shape into 1 1/2 inch (4 centimeter) meatballs, and place in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with minced garlic, and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make white sauce, following the directions on the packet. Stir in dill, sage, flour, and whipping cream.
- Turn off oven, and remove foil cover from meatballs. Pour sauce over meatballs, and leave in oven for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 368 cal
- 24.4 g
- 13 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"It SOUNDED really good; however, I guess maybe I'm not a dill fan. To me, the dish was dill with some white sauce and meatballs. The meatballs were good although they seemed to take longer than the re..." See morecipe called for. All in all, I would make it again but without the dill or maybe with a brown sauce."
ANNETTE T. CRIASIA
" This recipe was just o.k. It sounded soooo good but I think I would have enjoyed more sauce as I served it with wide noodles I will try it again but maybe change it a little and see what happens. ..." See more Thanks anyway for sending it."
Swedish Meatballs (Svenska Kottbullar)
Mum's Swedish Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.