Italian Breaded Pork Chops1035 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“My father's side of the family is Sicilian, and has been making these pork chops for at least 3 generations. My husband frequently requests these over my marinated and grilled pork chops when I give him a choice. If you do not have an oven-proof skillet, you may cook the chops on the stove at medium-low.” - by ELISAW
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, reserving for other uses.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 440 cal
- 20.3 g
- 33.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1035)Rate This Recipe
"Love it, love it love it. Seasoned italian bread crumbs are wonderful, I just added 1 tsp each of garlic powder and italian seasoning. I browned them olive oil 2 minutes on each side, then placed the..." See morem on a roasting rack in the oven to finish. It was much less greasy and the rack allowed both sides to remain crispy."
"I love these, the method was the most useful thing. I dipped in the egg wash and batter twice. My husband loves these. I beat the heck out of my chops first, so I only get about 3 to a large skillet...." See more I was very happy with this. I also coat the raw plain chops with a flour salt pepper mix then the egg wash then bread crumb mixture. The flour binds with the egg to keep the breading on a bit better. I learned this from a breaded chicken recipe and it works."
"EXCELLENT!! I've never been able to make good pork chops, but now I have a great recipe to fall back on. I followed some of the other suggestions about cutting back on the bread crumbs/egg mixtures a..." See morend also dredged the chops in flour mixed with salt and pepper before dunking in eggs and bread crumbs. Also, if you do not know if your skillet is ovenproof, you can double wrap the handle in aluminum foil in order to make it ovenproof."
Grilled Italian Pork Chops
Marinated Baked Pork Chops
Just swipe to see more like this.