Chili Cheese Potato Skins7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Fried potato skins are stuffed with a cheesy beef mixture and mashed potatoes, and seasoned with chili powder.” - by RDHUTERA
Original recipe yields 20 stuffed skins
- In a microwave, cook potatoes on high heat until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Turn and rearrange potatoes for even cooking every few minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet or deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, and scoop out center of potatoes, leaving about 1/4 inch on the skins. Place scooped out potato in a medium bowl, and mash together with margarine and salt. Set aside.
- Fry skins in the hot oil, turning occasionally until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place ground beef in a large skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown; drain. Mix in chili seasoning and processed cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stuff potato skins with the ground beef mixture, and top with mashed potato mixture. Sprinkle the tops with chili powder. Arrange stuffed skins in a single layer on a large baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until mashed potatoes are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 241 cal
- 13.1 g
- 21.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"These were good- I followed the recipe exactly the first time, the second time I added paprika and 2 TBS of the processed cheese to the mashed potato mixture- fabulous!!..." See more"
"Hubby loved these - so why 4 stars not 5. I don't like the frying step and it isn't needed. I did a couple of things differently. I microwaved the potatoes - let cool and scooped out the insides -..." See more then sprayed the skins with cooking spray and into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes to get crispy. The meat & chili seasoning needs to have some water added and then cooked together. I used Kraft slices, as that is what I had on hand. (Cheddar or Jack would work well too.) I put a slice on the inside of each skin and then mixed some with the chili meat and then some on top. Mashed the taters with butter and milk, sprinkled with paprika."
Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds
Blue Cheese Potatoes Delmonico
Just swipe to see more like this.