Creamed Cabbage16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A bit different... tastes great. Cabbage, Romano cheese and a cream sauce are a perfect combination!” - by Michele O'Sullivan
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend milk, flour, butter, salt and pepper. Stir constantly until a thick white sauce has formed.
- In a separate medium saucepan over boiling water, steam cabbage until tender but firm.
- In a small baking dish, alternate layers of sauce, cabbage and Romano cheese.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes, until sauce and cheese are bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 179 cal
- 10.2 g
- 13.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I'm embarrassed to admit that I ate the entire pan of this for dinner tonight. I used a mixture of cheeses - extra sharp Cheddar, smoked Gouda and Parmesan. This would be good with cabbage and caulif..." See morelower. Delicious. Thanks, Michele! "
"I sauteed the cabbage until tender instead of steaming. Tastes great!..." See more"
It's A New Day
"Absolutely delicious! I read the reviews that some people found it bland so I made some small changes. I sauteed the cabbage in olive oil along with half an onion which I had leftover from another r..." See moreecipe. I had some leftover Asiago cheese that had rosemary in it that I used for most of the cheese but added what I needed of Romano cheese. I added a pinch of red pepper flakes to the cream sauce which I made with skim milk. To the top I added seasoned panko bread crumbs. Husband says this is a keeper!"
Creamed Cabbage Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.