Ruth Cullen's Green Bean Bake7 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Green beans in a chili sauce with onions, brown sugar, etc. I've made this for years and my family loves it. It has a really different taste to it.” - by Marilyn Scheffler
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon from skillet, leaving grease. Crumble and set aside.
- Stir onion into bacon grease, and cook over medium heat until tender; drain.
- In a medium baking dish, mix bacon, onion, green beans, brown sugar, dry mustard and chili sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 107 cal
- 5.9 g
- 10.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Really very good. I didn't haves time to bake it, so just served the green beans in the sauce and it was great. I usually make something kind of like it using mustard, butter and worchestershire sau..." See morece and my husband liked these flavors much better. A keeper."
"I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner thinking that it would be something a little different. It was different all right--no one went back for seconds or thirds, as they do with my usual way of..." See more cooking green beans. Overall, this recipe is easy to make, but it just doesn't taste very good at all, nor does it look appetizing."
"Tangy, flavorful with bacon and onion - yummy! I drained off all the bacon grease and only used what stuck to the pan to saute the onions - there was just enough to cook the onion without contributin..." See moreg a lot of fat. I may cut down on the amount of chili sauce just a bit the next time, but we really enjoyed this dish!"
Sweet Green Bean Bundles
Green Bean Casserole I
Just swipe to see more like this.