Cornbread Sausage Casserole55 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“All your breakfast favorites are baked together between layers of cornbread!” - by Christian
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix corn bread mix, cream style corn and water.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish with about 1/2 inch of the corn bread mixture. Layer mixture with sausage, followed by onion and jalapeno. Cover with cheese. Top with remaining corn bread mixture, using only as much as will fit in the baking dish.
- Cook 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 613 cal
- 37.4 g
- 51.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (55)Rate This Recipe
"We've made this a twice so far and it's been a big hit with everyone. We've made two pans each time, one for those who like things mild (with canned green chiles and maple flavored sausage and mozare..." See morella cheese), and another for those who like it spicy (with jalepenos and spicy italian sausage). The only thing we've really changed in the recipe is that we saute the onions with the sausage so they aren't too crunchy."
"I doubled the recipe and prepared in a 9"x13" for a brunch for 15 people. Most people thought it was great, one or two was so-so about it cause it was too hot for their taste. Served with sour cream..." See more, chives and salsa to top it off. Would probably make it again for gatherings and would make a mild and a spicy version."
"My girlfriend and I tried this recipe for a Saturday brunch. Although there are numerous ways to change it to suite the preferences of the individual, the base recipe is quite good. We paired it with ..." See moresome cheese and onion scrambled eggs and a few Bloody Marys. It was a fantastic brunch for two. We will definitely make this recipe again, but possibly with a few personal touches."
Pancake and Sausage Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.