Divine Casserole30 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This casserole truly is divine. I think I get more compliments on this than anything else I cook, and my friends always ask for it!” - by J. D.
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain excess fat. Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and oregano; set aside.
- In a separate skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion until translucent. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and sauteed onions.
- Place 1/2 of cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Drizzle with 1/2 of the melted butter. Cover with cheese mixture. Toss remaining noodles with remaining melted butter, and spread over cheese mixture. Cover with meat mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 748 cal
- 50.5 g
- 43.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"I love the version of this recipe that I used to make years ago. Unfortunately, I have lost it, so I am now here looking for it. The ingredients I remember using are much the same as those listed by J..." See more.D. It did use tomato sauce rather than paste. I do not recall using Worcestershire sauce, I think I did use garlic powder. But the most significant difference is the addition of fresh bell pepper and fresh green onion, chopped, that is added to the cheese mixture. Because they are added raw they don't become over-cooked while baking. They give a lovely bright green contrast to the white cheese and red sauce, plus add a lot of flavor and crunch.Oh, and there was no butter in the recipe I used. My main project now is getting all the amounts correct!"
"I agree this recipe is extremely bland and for crying out loud the amount of butter used in this recipe is "scary". The blandness was prevelant even after adding extra worchestire sauce and adding mo..." See morere hot sauce I used margarine instead of butter and I used light cream cheese light sour cream and lowfat cottage cheese. Possibly ricotta would be better and tomato paste with roasted garlic. I think I will try again and work it up a bit"
"I made this tonight with a few changes due to the reviews and it came out great! First I used a jar of sauce. Then I changed the cottage cheese to part skim ricotta. After I put the noodles and mea..." See moret in, I put chopped fresh mushrooms and broccoli...then the cheese mix. I tossed the top noodles with a little bit of sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella cheese. Everyone loved it and had seconds too."
Cheeseburger Noodle Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.