Zucchini Parmigiana87 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Zucchini parm, mmmmmmm.” - by SHIVERDEN
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a shallow, medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, and oregano. Set aside 2/3 cup of the mixture.
- Place 2 egg whites in a small bowl. Dip zucchini slices in the egg whites, then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Arrange coated slices on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, parsley, and the remaining 6 egg whites.
- Spread 1/2 the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/2 the zucchini, 1/2 the ricotta mixture, and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 365 cal
- 16.5 g
- 25.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (87)Rate This Recipe
"I made some changes to the recipe, and I was very satisfied with the results. I used one large, unpeeled, garden fresh zucchini (about 16" long). I cut off the ends, cut it in half, and then sliced ..." See moreit into long slices about 1/4" thick. (The next time I make it I will also remove the zucchini seeds.) I subtituted cottage cheese for the ricotta and egg beaters for the egg whites. Because I did not have fresh herbs on hand, I used one tbsp. of dried parsley and one tsp. of sweet basil. I used bottled spagetti sauce. I will definitely make it again."
"I only loosely follow recipes, as I did with this one, and it came out great. I didn't bother with the eggs or breading procedure at all. I used considerably more garlic and basil from the garden. ..." See moreI used only 2 cups of sauce and only 1 cup of ricotta as the recipe seems to call for far too much in my opinion. Though I'm not a huge fan of Italian food, this was probably one of the best dishes I have made."
"Mmmmmm, yummy! I've made this dish 4 times and everyone loves it. This last time I used cottage cheese because its a little bit healthier and less expensive than ricotta. We actually liked the cott..." See moreage cheese better, you just need to drain out a little of the cottage cheese juice before mixing it up. Also I used dried parsley and basil and it still tasted great. Try this dish!!"
Fabulous Zucchini Grinders
Parmesan Zucchini Patties
Just swipe to see more like this.