Asian Roll Lettuce Wrap179 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a easy, wonderful, light yet filling meal with turkey or beef, rice and fresh veggies! Fun to eat! You will need at least 8 - (10 inch) bamboo skewers for cooking the meat.” - by Liz
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground turkey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 2 teaspoons ginger. Form into 16 meatballs and roll into ovals. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine rice with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Arrange rice, lettuce leaves, carrots, scallions, radishes and red peppers onto a serving platter or place each into a small bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, and sugar. Divide into 4 small dipping bowls.
- Thread two meatballs onto each 10 inch skewer. Grill or broil for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all sides. If broiling, line the broiler pan with aluminum foil and drain fat after 6 minutes.
- To eat, place a leaf of lettuce onto the palm of your hand, spoon on a little rice, then a meat roll, and a few of the vegetables. Roll up and dip in dipping sauce or spoon sauce over.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 369 cal
- 9.9 g
- 42.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (179)Rate This Recipe
"This is awesome, fun, and healthy! The only change I made was that instead of making the meatballs, I simply browned and crumbled the meat in a frying pan, drained the fat, then added the soy, garlic ..." See moreand ginger and sautéed for another 2 minutes. We ran out of lettuce near the end, so we wrapped some of the rolls in rice paper wrappers, which was also delicious (and easier and less messy to eat). Next time I think that we will wrap them all in rice paper, and add shredded lettuce to the rolls. A must try!"
"Great recipe! Instead of making meatballs, I browned the ground beef, added 1 cup of the already cooked rice and poured the sauce over the meat and rice. I also added about a teaspoon of hot chili o..." See moreil for a little kick. I have eight children and they all loved it. The hot meat mixture in the cool lettuce leaves is wonderful!"
"This was delicious! I added about a tablespoon of applesauce to the turkey to help keep it moist. After rolling the turkey into ovals, I flatened a bit before skewering with 2 wooden skewers to help ..." See moremake it easier to flip on the grill. We also added just a splash of rice vinegar to the dipping sauce (in addition to the lemon juice) and offered chopped cilantro and Walla Walla (sweet) onions in addition to the other add-ins. Sweet chili sauce is a mildly spicy-sweet Asian condiment that went really well with this dish. (plum sauce would make a good substitute) For added eye appeal, we used a large round platter and lined with red leaf lettuce and placed the turkey skewers in a concentric circle on top. Dipping sauce was served in individual bowls at each place setting. It looked like a magazine spread! Great company dish since much of the prep work can be done ahead of time leaving you to enjoy your guests. I can't wait to make this again!"
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Asian Carryout Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.