German Pancakes I5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Yummy German pancakes. Enjoy!” - by Lovesmurfs
Original recipe yields 8 pancakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, prepare pancake batter by blending flour, 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup milk.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or medium skillet over medium heat. Pour approximately 1/8 of the batter onto the griddle. Flip with a metal spatula when bubbles begin to form, and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, making 8 pancakes.
- Place applesauce in a medium bowl, and mix in raisins. Spread the applesauce mixture over one side of each pancake. Roll pancakes jelly roll style, and cut in half vertically. Arrange pancake halves cut side down in a medium baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining egg, salt and milk with sugar and almonds. Pour mixture over the pancakes.
- Dot pancakes with butter, and bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 273 cal
- 10.4 g
- 38.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Notes: Tasty! For easier prep I added 1 egg to the batter (thinner pancakes--no slicing necessary) and used 1/4 cup less milk in the almond topping (5min less time in oven). Try 1/3 cup batter per pan..." See morecake--roll pan to spread batter for large, thin 6-8" diameter crepe-like pancake. 1/8-1/4 cup applesauce filling per pancake. I added a few drops of almond extract into the applesauce filling since I had no almonds on hand, and a touch of cinnamon. Served with maple syrup for a deeply flavored breakfast that is not too rich. The crispy edges on the pancakes and puffy, juicy insides make an exotic, almost French cooking-esque contrast in your mouth. Wow."
"My mother gave me this recipe when I was 12, it was given to her by her grandmother who had immigrated from eastern europe, awesome recipe, add grated apple. Top with a little lemon juice and powdere..." See mored sugar.. MMMMMM"
"The batter was too thick and hence the rolls were too thick.Some guidance on consistency would have been helpful. Also the directions on how to slice the rolls were unclear and not even sure the purpo..." See morese of it. The remaining batter poured over the cakes held everything together. First time "builder" of German pancakes. BTW, in spite of thickness, they were still very yummie. Husband of Mrslex responding."
German Potato Pancakes
Russian Pancakes - Blini
Just swipe to see more like this.