Three Cheese Breakfast Bake14 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 45 min
“This rich egg and cheese casserole is a great way to start the day.” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Arrange bread in the bottom of a lightly greased medium baking dish, and drizzle with butter. Top with Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and ham.
- In a medium bowl, blend eggs, milk, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the baking dish. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Blend sour cream and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Bake the layered mixture 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Spread sour cream mixture over the surface of the baked dish, and continue cooking about 10 minutes, until surface is lightly browned. Allow to sit about 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 374 cal
- 24.7 g
- 16.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"This casserole was really dry. I followed the recipe exactly. Flavor was okay. The topping was not very attractive, if you are into presentation. Will not make again...." See more"
"EXCELLENT AND EASY~! I made this recipe for our Mother's Day brunch. I didn't realize that I was supposed to refrigerate it for 8+ hours and was really worried it'd be a bust. It was such a hit tha..." See moret I even printed up recipes for our guests! The only changes I made is that I used 6 pieces of turkey bacon crumbled instead of ham; and an Italian blend of grated cheeses that included asiago, romano, parmesan, and provolone. thanks for the recipe! brendam"
"This is a great throw together dish. We like to use english muffins instead of the french bread when we make this for breakfast. I have also made this dish for dinner and added spinach, broccoli,and..." See more mushrooms. It was also good with chorizo (instead of the ham) with green pepper and onion. I use reduced fat cheese and sour cream and it still turns out delicious. "
Ham Breakfast Braid
Wine and Cheese Strata
Just swipe to see more like this.