World's Best Waffles16 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Waffles that are light and crispy right up to the last bite.” - by Zelda Zimmer
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Blend into the flour mixture to form a batter.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg whites with sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into the batter.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly brush with oil. Ladle the batter onto preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 398 cal
- 11.8 g
- 59.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"Not good waffles----- runny mess with little flavor, not worth the effort ..." See more"
thick steamy buttery pancakes
"i just finished eating them. they were OK, i saw that some people gave it 1 star reveiws so had to see the truth for myself. They were kinda dry, and stuck to the iron a little. They definetly werent ..." See moreeasy to make. i think that aunt jemimah waffles taste better though. I probably wont make them again without modifying the recipe."
World's Best Scones! From Scotland to the Savoy to the U.S.
Mom's Best Waffles
Just swipe to see more like this.