Poppy Seed and Banana Muffins48 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A treat for those who love poppy seeds, and a good way to use up left over bananas.” - by SWIMMERVI
Original recipe yields 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, wheat bran, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, honey, and vegetable oil. Stir in bananas, milk, lemon juice, and poppy seeds.
- Make a well in the center of the wheat flour mixture, and pour in egg and banana mixture. Stir until just blended. Spoon into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 186 cal
- 8.2 g
- 26.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent. I opted to go half whole wheat, half white flour -- based on reviews complaining of dry texture. Buttermilk was used in place of milk and lemon juice. I was low on poppyseeds so used 1/6..." See more cup instead, which I thought was perfect. Keep an eye on your oven, my batch baked in 15 minutes. I was surprised how moist these were. and just the perfect amount of sweetness. These were great with a little pat of butter on top. The recipe is a keeper."
"Very good. I added vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Made them a bit sweeter and had great flavor. Next time I think I'll add some raisins...." See more"
"I thought this turned out really well. Instead of putting into muffin tins, I made it like a cake in a large pan and cut into squares. It was moist and rich (though for some reason didn't rise a whole..." See more lot) but that didn't matter. It was perfect in little squares. It's not sweet.. just right and would make a nice thing for guests. Not being a banana lover, it didn't 'reek' of bananas.. it was just right! Thank you for sharing!"
Health Nut Blueberry Muffins
Whole Wheat Carrot-Raisin Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.