Danish Meatballs with Dill Sauce34 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a very tasty, but unique, meatball recipe perfect for holiday parties. For some reason, men love these! I have found that purchasing pre-made meatballs cuts the prep time significantly and tastes good, too.” - by MPFEIFFER
Original recipe yields 25 meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix beef, pork, veal, salt, pepper, eggs, onion and heavy cream. With moistened hands, shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs until all balls are well coated. Arrange in a single layer on a large, shallow baking sheet.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Continue stirring until thickened and bubbly, then blend in the sour cream and fresh dill.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan, and drizzle over the meatballs. Bake meatballs in the preheated oven 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned.
- Place meatballs in a chafing dish and cover with the sauce to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 447 cal
- 37.6 g
- 11 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"This was fantastic. I loved the flavour. I ommitted pouring the butter over the meatballs, and used garlic and herb chicken stock. Added some fresh black pepper and served it over steamed brown rice w..." See moreith grilled veggies. My family loved it."
"These are requested now for family gatherings. To make it easier I now just add the bread crumbs to the meat mixture instead of rolling the meatballs in it. Very good flavor! ..." See more"
Hudson's Baked Tilapia with Dill Sauce
Grandma's Homemade Italian Sauce and Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.