Armadillo Eggs66 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“A great side dish or appetizer with a little kick. I got this recipe from my mother.” - by Jennifer
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Cut a slit in each jalapeno pepper. Remove and discard seeds and pulp.
- In a medium bowl, mix sausage, baking mix, Cheddar cheese, crushed red pepper, and garlic salt.
- Stuff jalapenos with the Monterey Jack cheese cubes. Shape sausage mixture around the jalapenos to form balls.
- Arrange jalapeno balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 541 cal
- 42.3 g
- 15.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (66)Rate This Recipe
"My husband and I had a wonderful time preparing these together. We were a bit unsure if the sausage needed to be cooked ahead of time and from our experience it does not have to be cooked. They are so..." See more yummy! If you do not like really spicy foods you can substitue the whole jalapeno for a green chile pepper instead. You can also stuff the jalapenos with 1/2 cream cheese mixture and 1/2 montery jack cheese mixture. You have got to try this recipe anyway you decide to make it..."
"This was very dry and hard to handle. I added 1/3 cup milk to the batter and it worked very well. Also tried with Cream Cheese in the jalepenos and it was wonderful!..." See more"
Sausage Egg Casserole
Hash Brown and Egg Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.