Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce III166 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“This bread pudding is absolutely delicious!” - by LADYEM
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whip together eggs and sugar. Mix in milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whip until smooth.
- Arrange bread cubes in a medium baking dish, and top with golden raisins. Cover with the whipped mixture. Allow the bread to become saturated with the mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
- To make the sauce, mix sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat when thoroughly blended, and whisk in the whiskey. Serve warm over bread pudding.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 641 cal
- 24.2 g
- 93.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (166)Rate This Recipe
"Mmmm!!! This was great! I followed the suggestion of turning up the oven to 350 degrees, and I took it out after 50 minutes. It still looked very wet, and I was worried that it wouldn't be done, but i..." See moret was perfect after it sat a few minutes. I also increased the cinnamon to 1 tablespoon - personal preference. I think I found the trick to the sauce. Instead of just heating it until it was blended, I tried to get the sugar to dissolve so it would be clear. It never was clear, but it was a little bubbly. Then when I added the rum (didn't have whiskey), the sauce bubbled a lot. I think it burned off the alcohol, so it had a great rum flavor instead of too alcohol-y. It also got thicker as it cooled. Make sure you use great liquor - I used Appleton Estate V/X rum (highly recommended by reviewers of another recipe) that I bought especially for making a rum sauce. It was WONDERFUL! Half the sauce recipe unless you want to use it for something else. Also, since you add the rum at the end, start with half and add more if you like it."
"Great Recipe! I did scale back the serving to half which made a 9x13 pan. I also cut back on the whiskey (way to much whiskey)and I added more cinnamon and nutmeg. I also added chopped pecans to my ru..." See morem sauce. Next time I will add some drained, crushed pineapple to the bread.It does take longer than an hour to cook though. Thanks for the wonderful recipe and making me look like a pro chef! I will definitely make this again! ps. I forgot to add that cooking this in a hot bath (a pan with hot water) will cook faster and more even. You will not be left with the gooey parts in spots."
Bread Pudding III
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.