White Chocolate and Passion Fruit Cheesecake6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“TRUST ME ON THIS -- Anyone who likes white chocolate will LOVE this cheesecake! great for dinner guests and parties. This cheesecake will keep (removed from the pan, in an airtight container) for up to 3 days. Takes a while to make but every bit of it is worth it in the end!” - by SoOtY
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch springform pan with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix together biscuit crumbs and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Press into the bottom of springform pan, and smooth with the back of a spoon; set aside in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat half-and-half to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over white chocolate. Set aside for 1 minute, then stir until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in mascarpone cheese, sugar, and egg yolks. Stir in white chocolate mixture and 1/2 cup passion fruit pulp. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter very thoroughly, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours in the preheated oven, or until just set in the center when shaken lightly. Turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar for 2 to 3 hours, or until cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, remove from pan, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve with pulp from 6 passion fruit.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 474 cal
- 35.5 g
- 32.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Plenty of luscious passion fruit taste when made with 3/4 cup of Goya's "Fruta 100% Pure Passion Fruit Pulp"***, instead of the 1/2 cup asked for, but there was no white chocolate flavor! (Probably be..." See morecause I upped the p'fruit quantity.) So, you'll have to use more white chocolate or keep the p'fruit at 1/2 cup if you want to actually taste white chocolate! My only disappointment was in the crust. I made it with Mi Del's "100% Whole Wheat Honey Graham Crackers" & it became soggy. So I suggest at least adding some ground toasted macadamia nuts for crunch to commercial graham crackers or tea biscuits (British short cookies). The cheesecake was topped with AR member "Sweettreat's" own recipe for Chocolate-Dipped, Cheesecake-Wrapped Strawberries". (Hopefully AR will publish her recipe soon because they're so utterly delicious on their own, or topping any cake!) ~~~~~ To answer another reviewer's question about how to make one of the photos' round choc. decoration: I'd butter foil wrapped around a smooth glass jar, drizzle chocolate on it, then refrigerate it until firm. Carefully slide it off & remove foil. If it breaks, use pieces decoratively or start over. *** To find Goya brand "Fruta - 100% Pure Passion Fruit Pulp", which is a puree with no sugar or water added, look for the flat, 14 ounce plastic bags of it in the freezer section of possibly your regular or Asian grocer's, & definitely at Hispanic grocery stores. At a regular grocer, look in the freezer with Hispanic items."
"Excellent flavor, a little less cook time..a little more Passion Fruit. It was a big hit at my party, so I'm making it again..." See more"
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Orange Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.