Grilled Spiced Chicken with Caribbean Citrus-Mango Sauce26 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“A taste of the islands! The spices and sweet-tart sauce are a wonderful combination, and just the way to start the summer grilling season. Great with freshly steamed green beans.” - by LINDA W.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a medium bowl, mix the ginger, cinnamon, cumin, anise, and cayenne pepper. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture, and place in the bowl. Cover, and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups of water and basmati rice in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, mix the mango, orange juice, lime juice, and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir into mango mixture, and simmer one minute, or until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in dark rum.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. When grill is hot, brush the grate with oil.
- Grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve over the cooked rice, and top with the mango sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 419 cal
- 3.5 g
- 62.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"This chicken was fantastic and a big hit at a recent dinner party I threw. I left the anise out of the rub and used spiced rum instead of dark rum, but otherwise, left the recipe as is. I served it ..." See moreover basmati rice w/steamed green beans that I then sauteed w/a little olive oil and slivered almonds. I can't say enough great things about this meal. The sauce thickened up really nicely and had a great flavor over the spiced chicken. I will definitely make this again and again. (Oh, I also baked the chicken as I live in a condo and cannot have a grill - it was still delicious). Thanks Linda!"
"I made this recipe and skewered the chicken for a get together and my guests and they loved it. I rubbed then marinated the chicken longer than the recipe indicated, about 3 hours which brought out th..." See moree flavor and also added salt for added flavoring. Next time will try to kick up the spices just a tiny bit but not enough to over power the chicken. I'll be making this again very soon! Thanks for sharing Linda."
Grilled Chicken with Peach Sauce
Beer and Soy Sauce Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.