Spicy Oven Fried Chicken136 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 9 hr
“Juicy oven baked chicken breasts with a spicy crumb coating.” - by AnnaG
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a medium bowl, mix the buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. Place chicken in the mixture to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a separate medium bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, flour, onion powder, cornstarch, white sugar, garlic salt, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Thoroughly coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer chicken to a medium baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 394 cal
- 10.6 g
- 37.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (136)Rate This Recipe
"One way to avoid a soggy crust is to bake the chicken on a rack. Take the rack out of a roasting pan or use a self standing a cooling rack. Set it on top of or inside (depending on whether or not is..." See more is a standing rack) the pan you're cooking the chicken on. Lay the chicken on the rack. Air will circulate under the chicken and the bottom will not be soggy."
"We love spicey food, (including the kids) so this recipe was right on target for us. I didn't have any buttermilk in the house, so I used ranch dressing. The flavor was great, so the next time I make ..." See morethis I'll use the dressing again. To help keep the coating on the chicken, you need to let it set. After breading, place the chicken in the fridge for about 30 minutes. I took the advice of another reviewer and placed the chicken on racks to help keep the bottom crispy. We really loved this! Thank you!"
"I make this all the time so glad I found it and tried it. IT'S A KEEPER!!! My family and I love it. I dip the chicken in egg before dredging in dry mixture, coating sticks to chicken better also makes..." See more thicker and crisper crust. Also tried bone in cut up chicken pieces done the same way just bake longer until juices run clear. Thank you Anna"
Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken
Oven Fried Chicken II
Just swipe to see more like this.