Breakfast Casserole III215 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Eggs, sausage (or bacon), potatoes and cheese all in one convenient dish. Can be made at night, then baked the next morning.” - by Robbie Rice
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Prick potatoes with a fork, place on a medium baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes, or until tender but firm. Remove from heat, cool, peel, and cube.
- Cook and stir sausage in a medium saucepan over medium heat until evenly browned; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir potatoes and onion into saucepan, and cook until potatoes are browned and onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with seasoning salt. Place potato mixture in the prepared baking dish. Cover with sausage. Sprinkle with cheese, top with eggs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until eggs are fully cooked.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 552 cal
- 38.1 g
- 29.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (215)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great base recipe! I made it using frozen hashbrown potatoes, & it couldn't have been any easier. I did use fewer eggs, 10 instead of 12 & still came out perfect. Guests raved about it! Hu..." See moresband thought it was excellent with salsa on top. Will make over and over!"
"The key to this recipe is to use the 'potatoes o'brien' found in the frozen potato section in the grocery store. Thaw and then brown them in the skillet with the butter and some season salt. This cut..." See mores the prep/cook time considerably and makes it taste YUM!"
Country Breakfast Casserole
Most Excellent Breakfast Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.