Caribbean Pasta with Shrimp45 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A sweet, tangy, spicy shrimp dish. You can prepare the sauces ahead of time and refrigerate.” - by LIEBELUNE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, shallots, ginger and oil. In another small bowl, combine green pepper, tomato, curry powder, allspice, chicken stock, Grand Marnier, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and chile paste. Cover and refrigerate both until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat a large saute pan over high. When hot, add garlic-oil mixture. Saute until garlic begins to sizzle but has not browned. Stir the tomato mixture, then pour into the saute pan. Bring to a rapid boil and cook until it begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, and toss until they become pink, about 2 minutes. Immediately add the pasta. Stir and toss until well combined and pasta is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings, especially salt.
- Transfer to a heated platter and sprinkle on the cilantro. Serve at once.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 482 cal
- 14.9 g
- 42.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"Oh wow...this mixes some sweet w/ a little heat! I left out the shallot -b/c I didn't have any- and I didn't have any allspice berries -I didn't even have ground allspice, so I put in a dash of cinna..." See moremon, nutmeg, cloves and black pepper (google's substitution for allspice). I used tri-coloured rotini, for extra colour. Ohhh wow...I'm glad we tried something we normally wouldn't have...it was incredible! Will post a photo"
"Made this for my husband and I on Valentines Day 2002.He raved that it was Delicous after each Bite! It was an easy recipe to make and we both loved it! This will be a Recipe I will make Quite often,f..." See moreor guests as well as the two of us!"
"I substituted fresh-squeezed orange juice for the Grand Marnier (same amount) with some orange zest from the peel thrown in for good measure. And I used about 1/4 tsp. allspice rather than the whole a..." See morellspice berries the recipe calls for. And I left out the cilantro, since neither my partner nor I like the stuff. The amount of chile paste specified in the recipe will make it very hot, so you might want to dial that down if hot/spicy isn't your thing. "
Champagne Shrimp and Pasta
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.