Banana Kiwi Strawberry Tart5 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 9 hr
“A tart with a custard filling and fruit toppings.” - by Lorelei Rusco
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with the ice water, and toss the mixture with a fork until evenly moistened. Pat into a round, and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the top half of a double boiler, heat the milk until it begins to bubble. In a bowl, beat together the egg whites, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the hot milk. Whisk the egg white mixture into the remaining hot milk . Cook and stir without boiling about 10 minutes, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- On a floured surface, roll the tart dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Press the chilled dough into the prepared tart pan. Trim the edges, and pierce the bottom with a fork. Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the crust. Bake 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Refrigerate 8 hours. Arrange banana, kiwi, and strawberry slices over the filling just before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 115 cal
- 3.1 g
- 18.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"You'll need to double the amount of crust to make enough to cover the bottom/sides of the tart pan. Also, this crust is over-baked at the suggested baking time, I think that 10 minutes is more than e..." See morenough. The second baking time, which may be for the custard, is also too long. After only 15 minutes, the edges of my crust had already been burned. The finished flavor and look of the crust was that of cardboard. For a tart, which relies on a good crust, this was a bad recipe. Pitch the crust, just make some custard and top with fresh fruit!"
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
Strawberry Tart with Truvia(R) Natural Sweetener
Just swipe to see more like this.