Double Chocolate and Spice Bread Pudding7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“A rich, moist chocolate bread pudding flavored with cinnamon chips, and drizzled with a cinnamon glaze.” - by Sally Sibthorpe
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl, and drizzle with melted butter. Toss to coat. Mix together the sugar and HERSHEY'S Cocoa Powder, sprinkle evenly over the bread cubes, and toss again. Mix in 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips. Butter an 8 inch square glass baking dish, and spread bread cubes evenly into the baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and 1 cup cream just to the boiling point; do not boil. Remove from heat, add HERSHEY'S KISSES, and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Slowly whisk in chocolate mixture. Pour over bread cubes in baking dish. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake pudding until just set , but center moves slightly when dish is shaken, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Place HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips and 1/2 cup cream in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave, stirring frequently, until the chips are melted. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle over warm pudding, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1065 cal
- 49.8 g
- 138.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This is one of the best recipes I have made from this site. It is decadent and impressive for company, though not that involved. I have made a few changes though it still comes out incredibly rich. ..." See more They are: 1) I omit tossing the bread cubes with melted butter--this much additional fat is unnecessary. Just toss the bread cubes with the powdered mixture and sprinkle what doesn't adhere evenly over the cubes in the baking dish. Then I sprinkle chips over bread--I've used both choc and white choc, but not cinnamon. 2) I substitute evaporated skim milk for the cream. 3) I've never made the drizzle--though I'm sure it makes it look nice it is unnecessary. After I made this once I was lookin' for opporunities to "bring dessert". We couldn't get enough of it. It's even better with a scoop of ice cream or a ladle of creme anglaise."
"This is an incredibly good recipe. I'd recommend going light on the cinnamon drizzle on top, but altogether, it's SO good! There are a lot of steps involved, but it's worth it! Delicious!..." See more"
"I love this recipe. It's not at all hard to make, in fact I think it's very easy. As stated before it is VERY rich. This recipe is also very good made with Hershey's Butterscotch Chips or Peanut Butte..." See morer Chips (even richer). The Cinnamon Chips are not available in all grocery stores and can be hard to find. This dessert is great right out of the oven and reheats well also. I highly reccomend this! P.S. As with any baking..make sure your eggs haven't expired or this could turn out a little runny."
Bread Pudding II
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.