- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 45 min
“It's similar to chocolate lasagna, but with puff pastry. If you have the time, it's quite the masterpiece. Don't worry, puff pastry isn't that hard to work with - just be gentle with it.” - by S
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry to 13x13 inches square. With a sharp knife, trim to 12x12 inches. Cut into 3 equal strips, 4x12 inches. Poke each strip several times with a fork. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Allow to cool. If not equal in size, trim with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over barely simmering water, stirring constantly, until smooth. Cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, brown sugar and coffee until smooth. Blend in melted chocolate. Fold in ground hazelnuts and almonds. In a large bowl, whip cream until peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheese mixture, then quickly fold in remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- Spread 1/3 of filling on a strip of puff pastry. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set. With a serrated knife, cut into 10 slices using a gentle sawing motion.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 545 cal
- 43 g
- 36.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent!!! I made it even easier by using puff pastry shells instead of sheets, then topped with whipped cream and a strawberry. My guests loved it!..." See more"
"I enjoyed this recipe lots and have to admit it took just a bit more work than I anticipated. The filling was scrumptious but only 4 stars because I never had marjolaine before so not sure if it suppo..." See moresed to be like this. After refrigerating for 3 hours part of the puff pastry was getting a bit soft (which was something I thought may happen but was hoping for it to remain crisp) and I wasn't too pleased with that. Overall this was very delicious, yummy. Thanks for sharing."
Easy Whipped Cream
Frozen Latte Dessert
Just swipe to see more like this.