Baked Pork Chops II188 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a tried and true family recipe! The sauce can be used as a dip for crusty French bread.” - by Kate Holmgreen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place pork chops in the skillet, and brown about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
- Arrange pork chops in a medium baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, season with brown sugar mixture, and cover with tomato sauce. Pour water into the baking dish.
- Cover, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 422 cal
- 23.2 g
- 11 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (188)Rate This Recipe
"Ok, this was a fantastic recipe to start with. I only made a few minor changes: 1-I lightly breaded the chops before browning, as a matter of fact I did not egg wash them, I just coated with flour & ..." See morethen browned. 2-I chopped an onion & threw it into the pan to saute close to the end of the chops browning. And then put the onion into bake with the chops. 3-I used a small (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes instead of tomatoe sauce. **NOTE when I tried this recipe I used about 1/2 inch thick bone-in chops & it only took about 30 min NOT 1 hour to bake so keep an eye out. This dish was wonderful served with rice on the side, you can even spoon some of the liquid from the chops pan onto the rice.....Try this recipe, you & or your family will thank you for trying it !! "
"I always cook pork chops on the stove, so rather than getting another dish dirty, I used the browning pan, put on a tight fitting lid, reduced the heat to low and cooked for 45min. A simple recipe mad..." See moree simpler!"
"Love it. LOVED it. But of course, I made a mistake. I mixed all of the ingredients together and added a tsp. of worcestershire sauce then just slathered it on the boneless chops. I then poured the tom..." See moreato sauce over it (a larger can) and baked it for the recommended time. It was fantastic. My husband and I had the leftovers the next day over rice. We had both the dinner and leftovers with Brussels sprouts and it was phenomenal. Great recipe, thanks a million, this will go into the recipe box as a winner! ;-)"
Baked Pork Chops I
Marinated Baked Pork Chops
Just swipe to see more like this.