Quiche (Southern Egg Pie)54 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a pseudo Southern take on a quiche.” - by Bryan Hale
Original recipe yields 1 (9 inch) quiche
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until soft. Add sausage, and cook until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Ranch dressing and milk. Stir in shredded cheese. Season with hot sauce, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Spread sausage mixture in the bottom of crust. Cover with egg mixture, and shake lightly to remove air, and to level contents.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven, prick top with a knife, and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 718 cal
- 60.9 g
- 19.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (54)Rate This Recipe
"This was really good and a great way to use sausage differently! I told the husband it was southern sausage pie because he won't even try quiche! hee-hee.....he loved it! I tweaked this up a bit by us..." See moreing 1 lb. hot italian sausage[left out hot sauce and butter], added mushrooms, an extra egg and pimento. It made two pies...but they were way too brown, even after covering with foil.[ergo the 4 stars] Next time I'll use the 350 degree setting for the whole process."
"We thought this was very good. Instead of pie crust, I flattened out a tube of crescent rolls in the pie plate. It turned out a little browner than I would have liked but it was still good. I also ..." See moreadded chopped tomatoes to the egg mixture. I cooked it on 350 the entire time and it took about 45-50 minutes to cook."
"This is my families favorite breakfast which says a lot because they are so picky. Everyone usually wants something different, but not when I make this. I have used the sausage suggested, though very ..." See moregood, it's too spicy for our little ones so I substitute sage sausage and it's perfect. Other than that I don't change a thing."
Egg and Sausage Casserole
Green Eggs and Ham Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.