Grandma's Graham Cracker Pudding10 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A wonderful, very rich pudding recipe that is one of our family's favorites. My husband's grandma makes it every Thanksgiving and Christmas. This delicious dessert never lasts long, and it's very filling, too.” - by WED32196
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, and 2/3 of the crushed graham crackers. Press lightly into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix milk, salt, egg yolks, vanilla, white sugar, and cornstarch. Stirring constantly, cook until thickened, about 12 minutes. Pour into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then mix in confectioners' sugar. Spoon over the mixture in the baking dish, and top with remaining crushed graham crackers.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 298 cal
- 11.8 g
- 43.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"A friend's mother used to make this years ago but wouldn't share the recipe. I have looked since then for the recipe and never found one exactly like it until now! This is it and it is wonderful! T..." See morehe first time I made it I didn't let the pudding thicken enough but it still tasted great!!"
"This pudding was a huge success at a gathering at my house. Some asked for the recipe. The only thing I did different was I had to cook the sauce 20-25 min.for it to get thick...." See more"
Grandma's Baked Rice Pudding with Meringue
Just swipe to see more like this.