Apricot Noodle Kugel20 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is an old family recipe that I recently entered in the 2001 Ventura County Fair and won 'Honorable Mention' for in the Pudding Division. There was no category for Kugel, but the judges loved it and still wanted to honor me with a ribbon! Hope you enjoy it as well.” - by Diane Klein
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in egg noodles, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix egg noodles with 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla. Stir in apricot nectar and milk. Mix in raisins. Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix cornflake crumbs, 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, remaining vanilla, and cinnamon. Spread over the egg noodle mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 352 cal
- 16.5 g
- 46 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"My 2 year old loves noodles, and she INHALED this dish. My 5 year old helped me make it, so it is definitely easy. For people who like subtle taste it is on the mark. Next time I'll try and sneak m..." See moreore apricot in and double the topping, which was devine. Think it's worth your trying."
"I don't think I have ever been asked by as many people as I was for this Kugel recipe! It was THE best, but I did play with the recipe a bit. I used a container of Pineapple cottage cheese instead o..." See moref the cream cheese, then I added one more egg and a medium can of crushed pineapple and it's juice. It was fabulous! I hope I can do it again and make it as good!"
Cinnamon Noodle Kugel
Harvest Noodle Pudding, Fruit Kugel
Just swipe to see more like this.