Chicken Florentine Rice Casserole75 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“An excellent and easy casserole that I actually made up with what I had one night when I was broke. I even surprised myself!” - by CHRIS523
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups water and chicken bouillon. Stir in rice. Remove from heat, and set aside. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with remaining water.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet with thyme, sage, basil, parsley, and marjoram. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain and cube.
- Stir onion into the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, or until browned and tender.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix rice, cornstarch mixture, chicken, onion, spinach, and cottage cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Parmesan cheese, and dot with margarine. Bake, covered, 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, until surface is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 369 cal
- 18.1 g
- 25.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (75)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this was a very good base recipe but I did make some changes. Before I say what I changed I first want to say: thank you, Christopher, for sharing a very good recipe using chicken and brown..." See more rice. (1) Used 2-1/2 cups chicken broth instead of 2 cups water/bouillon; (2) I used regular rice, not instant, so cooked it in the chicken broth on the stovetop for about 20 mins (3) I added salt and black pepper to the chicken when I cooked it (4) I don't use margarine so did not put it on top. While the taste was great, neither I nor my family thought it looked very good and none of us would have tried it we saw it at a potluck. I will definitely make this again but will add about a cup of coarsely chopped canned tomatoes for a more appetizing appearance and sprinkle 1/2 ounce of grated cheddar on top of each serving just before I put it on the table, also for appearance sake. If you like rice, chicken, and spinach, try this. Honestly, I wasn't sure how the cottage cheese would be in it but the consistency was very, very good. Thanks again, Christopher!"
"Great meal - I did make a few changes: Cooked 1 1/2 cups of non-instant brown rice in veggie broth (that's what I had), added a couple handfuls of mozzarella to the mix, added one egg to the cottage ..." See morecheese, and left out the cornstarch (didn't think it was really needed). I also diced my chicken before cooking it for ease. Lastly, I topped the dish with thick slices of tomatoes + parmesan for the last 20+ min of cooking. It was great - definitely a keeper. And it's ultra-amazing if you add Cholula Hot Sauce once it's served (if spicy is your thing)."
"This was a fabulous recipe! My family and staff at work loved it. I added white wine when cooking the chicken. I also added some swiss cheese to the casserole before baking. It came out great. Wh..." See moreen reheating the next day, I added a little more wine to make sure it didn't dry out."
Chicken Zucchini Rice Casserole
Easy and Delicious Chicken and Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.