Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs736 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Tangy marinated chicken and mushrooms, wrapped in bacon and skewered. Excellent for entertaining and trying something new! These are a must try! (They can also be broiled instead of grilled if low on time.)” - by Angie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Remove the mushrooms and chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 235 cal
- 11.4 g
- 14.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (736)Rate This Recipe
"This went over really well when we had friends over for a BBQ. One thing I would change is that I would just use regular bacon instead of the thick cut. I ran out of thick cut and used a few strips ..." See moreof regular and found them a lot easier to wrap with, and they cooked better. Other than that small change, I will definitely do this again!"
"ABSOLUTELY DIVINE!!! A+++. VERY easy to make. I mixed the marinade (which I doubled to be sure to cover all the chicken) threw in the chicken and let it marinate for 5 hours. I put some crushed garl..." See moreic (just smash the garlic clove with a knife or bottom of a pan) into the marinade to give it a little kick. I also added grape tomatoes, onions and green bellpeppers to the skewers because we love grilled veggies over here. SOOOOO easy for those who don't have a lot of time in the kitchen. Just throw together all the ingredients and marinate. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!! I am going to try it with sirloin next time. A+++ job Angie!!"
"This is an awesome recipe. From reading other reviewers comments, I'd like to add that if you boil your bacon for about 5 minutes before you wrap your chicken, it cooks more evenly and won't burn befo..." See morere the chicken is finished. Also for those who like a little kick, add a slice of pickled jalapeno inside each kabob. The sweetness of the honey and the kick of jalapeno are a great combo"
Marinated Chicken Kabobs
Bacon Chicken II
Just swipe to see more like this.