Tofu Jerky I7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 8 hr
- Ready In: 2 day 8 hr 30 min
“This is an adaptation of a traditional jerky recipe.” - by Janet
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine garlic powder, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Slice tofu in thin strips. Rub spices into tofu strips. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 115 degrees F (45 degrees C), or lowest oven setting. Line oven rack with foil, and place rack in lowest oven position.
- Place tofu strips directly on foil. Bake for 6 to 8 hours.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 113 cal
- 6.6 g
- 4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I froze the tofu for 2 days before baking it to give it more texture. This is the best jerky recipe I've tried so far!..." See more"
Daniel den Hoed
"The tofu jerky recipe unfortunatly did not turn out as well as I expected. I did follow the directions except adding a few more spices such as paprika, onion flakes, and cayenne to kick it up a notch..." See more. I used my food dehydrator to cook the tofu but it ended up not chewy as expected but just with an unpleasant texture. And this was after only 5 hours in there. It was also way too salty for my and my husbands tastes. I will not make this again."
"This turned out HORRIBLY. I was so excited at the prospect of having a good tofu jerky recipe but it turned out way too salty and was not the texture of jerky. I followed the simple directions and c..." See moreooked at 150 degrees..which was the lowest my oven could go. I don't know if that was part of the problem with texture. I would not recommend anyone try this recipe. It will only break your heart."
Tofu and Red Pepper Spread
Vegan Breaded Tofu
Just swipe to see more like this.