Dutch Leek Casserole24 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a dish my mum used to make at home, and has no added butter or oil. It's a complete meal for those cold winter nights, and best eaten straight from the oven. The chili gives extra zing to the dish.” - by BRIGIT
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook potatoes until tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes, and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash together with milk.
- Place leeks in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef until evenly brown. Mix in the onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Season with green chile peppers and soy sauce. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- In a medium baking dish, mix mashed potatoes, leeks, and ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and top with ham.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 515 cal
- 28.9 g
- 39.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"This is the best recipe!! I am from Holland and knew this dish already. We use to make it in 3 layers. first the leeks (not to cooked) than the meat and as last the potatoes. You get a nice brown crus..." See moret on the patatoes. love it. "
"This is good however, I have made this when I lived in the Netherlands and its typically a very basic recipe....mashed potatoes w/ some nutmeg, sauteed leeks w/ garlic and onion, and some dutch cheese..." See more on top before some fine bread crumbs go on top of that."
Daniel den Hoed
"This was a good, hearty casserole. We used similar ingredients but made it easier. Instead of boiling the potatoes and leeks I sauteed the leeks while microwaving the potatoes until soft. When the lee..." See moreks were soft I put them onto a plate and sauteed the rest of the meat and veggies in the same pan. While those were sauteeing I mashed the potatoes. This made it easy and use less dishes. We did sub veggie meat for the beef and my husband added ham after baking. Being Dutch he enjoyed it very much! Leftovers were great too!"
French Leek and Ham Shepherd's Pie
Hamburger Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.