Napoleon's Banana Muffin34 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Transforms a banana muffin into a richer, sweeter, more scrumptious morsel of heaven.” - by APTENODYTESFORSTERI
Original recipe yields 24 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two twelve-cup muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, mix bananas, 1/2 cup brown sugar, honey, rum, and cognac with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, cream white sugar, 2/3 cup brown sugar, eggs, and melted butter. Pour banana mixture and creamed egg mixture into the flour, and stir until just combined. Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling cups 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin tins.
- Bake muffins in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until done.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 296 cal
- 6.9 g
- 54.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"Incredible! I made this in a bundt cake pan, spraying the pan with nonstick/flour spray, sprinkling chopped nuts into the bottom before putting in part of the batter... then using the "streusel" port..." See moreion of the recipe (omitting the butter) mixed with 1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder as 2 separate "layers" between the batter (pour in some batter, sprinkle streusel, more batter, more streusel, and top with the last of the batter. I baked it at 350-degrees for an hour, with no other adjustments for high altitude (we're at 7220-ft). When it's cut, the streusel inside made it look like it was a lot more work than it really was. This really beats banana bread for using up some very ripe bananas!"
"These are cupcakes, not muffins, and they are fabulous. I reduced the white sugar, and made my own spiced rum by mixing Mount Gay rum with a little vanilla and allspice. The next time I make these--an..." See mored there will definitely be a next time--I will cut the cinnamon in the streusel topping in half. Serve these as a dessert or with afternoon tea, not breakfast!"
"I have to say, these really are one of the prettiest muffins I've ever made. I followed the recipe as close as I could having cut it in half. I did add 1/2 c. chopped roasted walnuts, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg ..." See moreand I skipped the topping and just sprinkled the tops with cinnamon/sugar. I think these are a little too sweet but the flavor is the best I've had in a banana muffin. This was right on with cooking time and amount of muffins made. I think this recipe would be perfect with the sugar cut in half and my small adjustments. NOTE: This muffin recipe didn't overflow in my muffin tins like I've had happen with other recipes. I filled each muffin tin with an overflowing 1/4 c. of batter. EDITED: I have made this muffin recipe three times since first reviewing it. It has become our favorite banana muffin to date. I did cut back the white sugar to just under 1/4 c. and added one more banana, chopped TO HALF A RECIPE'S WORTH. The toasted walnuts I added really make this stellar."
Grandma's Homemade Banana Bread
Granny's Banana Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.