Chestnut Stuffing30 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“I have had this stuffing every Thanksgiving my entire life (26 years, that's a lot of stuffing!), it is truly a family tradition. Trust me, this is the best stuffing you'll ever taste! Thanks goes out to my Nana, the best cook in the Midwest!” - by KBROWN26
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- With a sharp knife, cut slits in the surface of the chestnuts. Place chestnuts in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain, peel, and chop.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in chestnuts, onion, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, and cook until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium baking dish, and mix with the cubed bread.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk, and drizzle over the cubed bread mixture.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until surface is crisp and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 354 cal
- 19.9 g
- 37.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"My husband and I had all my family to our house for Thanksgiving this year. It was the first timeI had ever cooked an entire turkey with dressing and gravy. So this was a big deal. Everything had to..." See more be perfect. I came across this recipe and thought I'd try it out. IT WAS AWESOME!! It was very easy and didn't take a long time to prepare. The chestnuts really add a nice flavor texture to the stuffing. And it goes GREAT with gravy. We will be adding this to our repetoire of family recipes to be used on Thanksgivings and Christmas' in our homes from here on out. Thank you for sharing! Sincerely, Paige Cassidy"
"Yum! The flavor of this stuffing is so good, I can't wait to make it for Christmas! The next time I make it though, I will only use one loaf of bread so it is a little bit more moist...." See more"
"I submitted this recipe 4 years ago and thought I'd come back and see how people have liked it. Thank you for all the nice feedback! I'll be sure to pass this along to my Nana, she'll be thrilled. Fro..." See morem what I gather this recipe may call for too much bread. I am going to try it this year with one loaf and see how it goes (it also depends on the size of your bird). I hope you try this with your family, they're sure to love it like my family does! Honestly I look more forward to this stuffing than the turkey!! Thanks again and happy Thanksgiving!"
Greek Traditional Turkey with Chestnut and Pine Nut Stuffing
Turkey With Apricot-Water Chestnut Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.