Salmon with Dijon Cream Sauce32 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Try this easy to make and great tasting recipe. The delicious sauce can be used on many different foods.” - by Troy Kilborn
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Arrange salmon in the prepared baking dish. Evenly coat with sour cream. Season with white pepper and dill.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the wine and shallot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, until liquid is reduced by about 2 tablespoons.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly blend the half-and-half and flour, and stir into the wine mixture. Return the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and continue to cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove the wine and cream mixture from heat, and mix in the Dijon mustard. Pour evenly over the salmon to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 387 cal
- 21.7 g
- 8.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"This was very good! However, next time I'll use slightly less flour. My "sauce" turned into an extremely thick paste which could not be poured over the salmon, it had to be spread on! Otherwise, the..." See more flavor was delicious!"
"Troy Kilborn, this was absolutely fabulous!! Since I was serving rice on the side, I doubled the sauce (except the flour, used only 1/3 cup), and added just a slight pinch of salt. The wonderful sauce..." See more and the sour cream on the salmon surface, take away any fishy or strong flavor. Made this for the first time, today, and served it to friends. You received RAVE reviews. It's such simple elegance. Served with rice, fresh asparagus and rolls, and additional Chardonnay to drink, it was a totally delicious dinner. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful recipe! Do you have any more like this up your sleeve?"
Salmon and Asparagus with Penne and Light Cream Sauce
Quick Poached Salmon with Dill Mustard Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.