Crawfish Dressing7 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is one of our favorite recipes. It goes great with fried turkey, and makes a bunch. A combination of Cajun ingredients makes for a delicious dressing.” - by MIKKI19
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, stir together ground beef, onion, celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until beef is evenly browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir cooked rice, crawfish tails, pecans, butter, and green onions into the ground beef mixture. Season with Creole seasoning and pepper. Continue cooking about 3 minutes, until well mixed. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Garnish with parsley
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 313 cal
- 19.2 g
- 14.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This was very good. A refreshing change! Thanks!..." See more"
"I thought this recipe was great, I have used it several times, and it is always a hit. It's a little spicy, but a nice change from the same old dressing. I plan to try stuffing a turkey with it in th..." See moree future."
"I made this for Thanksgiving this year. It was such a hit!! This recipe is amazing! Sooo delicious! Next time I make it though, I think I will substitute sausage instead of ground beef. I added a litt..." See morele extra creole seasoning and it was perfect. I also think I chopped the pecans too finely. The toasted bigger chunks were great! Everyone should try this!"
Minnesota Wild Rice Dressing
Mama's Cornbread and Sausage Turkey Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.