BBQ Rib-Eye - You Won't Believe It!20 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“You won't believe it, but a well done steak with the moist, melt-in-your mouth flavor of a medium rare. All you need is cola, garlic powder, salt, pepper, bbq sauce and bacon.” - by DESTAGG
Original recipe yields 2 steaks
- Score steaks on both sides in a diamond pattern using a sharp knife. Punch the fatty areas with the tip of the knife. Sprinkle a thin coating of garlic powder over both sides of the steaks, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub to get the seasoning into all of the scores.
- Place steaks in a shallow dish, and pour the cola over them. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours, turning steaks over every hour or so. During the last hour, coat the steaks with a thin layer of barbeque sauce.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grilling surface. Place steaks on the grill over high heat, and cook until almost burnt on each side, about 4 minutes per side. Reduce the grill's heat to medium-low, or move steaks to a cooler part, and place the bacon strips on top of them. Cover, and slow cook for 10 minutes per side.
- Spread a thin layer of barbeque sauce over the steaks during the last few minutes of cooking, and allow it to cook until dry for a glazed effect.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 661 cal
- 32.7 g
- 66.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe turned out very well. I used 3/4 inch delmonico rib eye steaks. They were very juicy and tender. I used a sweet brown sugar BBQ sauce. The cooking time worked well for the size of steaks I..." See more bought. Great recipe!"
"As a Kosher Jew this worked fine for me without the bacon of course. Everything on the ingredients can early be found Kosher and the steaks can be cooked well enough to do away with any blood. Makes a..." See more dinner fit to share with the Rabbi."
BBQ NY Strip
Pam's BBQ Flat Jacks
Just swipe to see more like this.