Baked Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Style311 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This is an alternative to bland old spaghetti squash. It resembles baked Rigatoni and Lasagna. Kids also loved it! Give it a try!” - by Brisak
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with a thin layer of cooking spray. Place squash halves cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake squash 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife can be easily inserted. Remove from oven, and cool.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick saucepan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic until golden brown. Stir in tomatoes, basil, bouillon cube, and black pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until you have a medium thick sauce.
- Remove squash strands with a fork, reserving the shells. Layer each half with a spoonful of the sauce, a layer of spaghetti squash strands, olives, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers until shells are full, or until all of the ingredients are used. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until Parmesan cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 280 cal
- 15.9 g
- 24.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (311)Rate This Recipe
"This is great! I added 1 lb. sausage, omitted the olives, substituted chicken bouillon for vegetable bouillon, and substituted Romano cheese for Parmesan. I put in a 9x13 baking dish (much easier to..." See more prepare and serve out of than the shells) and made each layer (sauce w/ sausage, spaghetti squash strands, and cheese on top) twice. Yum!"
"So tasty! To cut down cooking time, cut the spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down in a microwavable dish with a few tablespoons of water. Heat on high for 8-10 minutes...." See more"
"This is very good and healthy. I pureed the tomato and onion mixture with a hand-held blender and boiled it down for about 25 minutes to reduce much of the water. Next time I will nix the squash she..." See morells and opt for throwing it all in a baking dish - the shells are a nuisance. I also added a couple dashes of crushed red pepper for some heat. Oh, and it's just fine without the Parmesan."
Spicy Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.