Almond Orange Streusel Coffee Cake11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a fabulous coffee cake! It has a crumbly sliced almond and brown sugar streusel topping plus a delicious glaze and a hint of orange throughout the cake. For variety, substitute a different type of nut in the streusel mixture. You can also use a Bundt cake pan if you don't have a tube pan. Absolutely irresistible!” - by JLDC
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, almonds, and flour. Stir in butter and 1 teaspoon orange zest, and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, thoroughly beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Mix in eggs one at a time. Beat in remaining teaspoon orange zest and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda. With an electric mixer set to Low, alternately mix in egg mixture and 2/3 cups orange juice to make a batter. Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared 9 inch tube pan. Top with 1/2 the brown sugar mixture. Cover with remaining batter, and top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Mix 5 teaspoons orange juice and confectioner's sugar in a small bowl, and use to glaze the cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 416 cal
- 18.1 g
- 58.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this was delicious! Based on the previous comments, I baked this cake for longer (40-45 mins) and used less streusel for the middle layer. I really like the orange flavor of the cake. It's..." See more pretty sweet, so I would even leave off the glaze."
"The brown sugar melts and makes the cake mushy and it looks and even tastes raw. I would never even attempt this cake again...." See more"
"I was not sure if I should attempt this recipe due to low ratings, but it looked like the kind I like, with no box ingredients etc. I made it for my co-workers and it was a tremendous hit. I thought..." See more it was excellent myself. Not too much work, and a very nice orange flavor that I often don't bake with. I got one complement that it was the best cake a girl had ever had. So, I recommend trying it. I am actually going to bake it again for another group of friends very soon!"
Make-Ahead Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.