Seafood Stuffed Zucchini22 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Great summer recipe for zucchini stuffed with shrimp, crabmeat, and cheese.” - by Bill Pollackov
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- With a large spoon, scoop out the centers of each zucchini half, reserving the meat.
- In a large bowl, mix about 1/2 the reserved zucchini meat, the egg, crabmeat, shrimp, and garlic. Blend lime juice and lemon juice into the mixture, and stir in the Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Season with oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Arrange the zucchini halves in a medium baking dish. Generously stuff the halves with the crabmeat and shrimp mixture.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and top with cheese. Return to the oven, and broil 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 197 cal
- 6.5 g
- 15 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"My husband loves zucchini and always wants more, since I don't care for it too much I was looking for a compromise. This recipe pleased both of us. I used canned crab ( more affordable) and frozen p..." See morere-cooked shrimp and the taste was still great. The only change I made was to put the stuffed zucchini in a glass dish and put a few tablespoons of water on the bottom. If the water evaporated I would add a little more. It keeps the food moist. We loved the flavor and how crisp the zucchini stayed. This is a keeper and will be a summer favorite. Thanks!"
"What an amazing dish! I would add more garlic in with the bread crumbs and a little cayan pepper for a little kick. I also added fresh parmasean to top them off. My guests couldn't stop raving over ho..." See morew wonderful this meal was!"
"This was very good! I have to admit, I'm getting tired of all of these reviews where people say "I used (blank) because it's all I had on hand." These are recipes and I rely on the reviews to know how..." See more they taste - not what you had on hand and how THAT tasted! Am I the only one that actually GOES to the store to buy the necessary ingredients to make a recipe??? There was nothing wrong with the way this recipe was written ...and yes, I followed the recipe and bought ALL necessary ingredients. Please just add this recipe to your circulation and buy all the ingredients and follow the recipe because you will find that this dish is really very good...just as written! Thank you Bill Pollackov for posting such a yummy recipe that my whole family loved!"
Stuffed Zucchini Halves
Just swipe to see more like this.