Portuguese Cod Fish Casserole26 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 day 1 hr 5 min
“An excellent cod fish dish. You must soak the salted cod over night and change the water at least twice. This is an easy fish meal with my moms original ingredients.” - by John J. Pacheco
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Soak salted cod in cold water overnight or for a few hours. Drain water, repeat. Heat a large pot of water until boiling. Cook cod for 5 minutes; drain and cool, leaving cod in large pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In an 8x11 casserole dish, layer half the potato slices, all of the cod, and all of the onions. Top with remaining potato slices. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, parsley, pepper flakes, paprika, and tomato sauce. Pour evenly over casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 476 cal
- 15.6 g
- 31.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"My husband and I really like this recipie. We used fresh Cod filets instead of the salted cod and it comes out very good...." See more"
"Love this recipe and make it quite often. My family in Portugal makes this recipe in a saucepan instead of in the oven but the taste is the same. We call it "Bacalhau a Sevilhana". Delicious!..." See more"
"This is a very good recipe---we had friends from Norway who prepared this for us recently, and we loved it. However, the cooked it on the stove top at medium heat for about and hour, and I preferred ..." See morethis method as it made more of a fish stew than the casserole method listed here. We ladled it out on to thick slices of sourdough bread, and it was fabulous."
Incredible Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.