Beefburger Parcels18 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a quick and cheaper version of the favorite, Beef Wellington, that both kids and adults alike find irresistible” - by SMUDGER2
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1 chopped onion, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add egg, and mix well. Shape into 4 thick patties, not too large in diameter. Cook burgers on grill until brown.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute 1 chopped onion, and chopped mushrooms until brown and caramelized.
- Cut puff pastry into 4 squares, and roll pieces large enough to wrap burgers. Divide mushroom mixture into the center of each pastry, then top with burgers. Wrap pastry around burgers, and seal edges. Place parcels seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Serve with Red Grape Sauce.
- Meanwhile, make Red Grape Sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine grape juice, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon. Mix the cornstarch with water, and stir into sauce. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1203 cal
- 85.8 g
- 75.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I love beef wellington, but this is a wonderful alternative. Thanks, Andy. I would recommend placing the parcels on a wire rack over another pan to avoid a soggy bottom. Great recipe!..." See more"
"This whole dish turned out beautifully. I think the person that said it was difficult to keep all of the ingredients in the puff pastry either didn't roll the pasrty out at all, or forgot to put some ..." See moreflour underneath so it wouldn't stick. I made it for a dinner party and was congratulated on such an impressive dinner! I followed the recipe exactly except I reduced the amount of onion. You have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already. Try this one!"
Just swipe to see more like this.