Avocado Steak29 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Steak with avocado, refried beans and grilled onions on top of it. The combination of these three ingredients with the steak is outstanding, and is served in many wonderful restaurants in Cancun, Mexico! The flavor of the steak is enhanced by the toppings! And this is easy to make!” - by JSTOUT01
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place refried beans in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and season with salt and garlic powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until browned and tender.
- On the prepared grill, cook steaks 7 to 10 minutes, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (65 degrees C).
- Spread steaks with refried beans, and top with onions and avocado slices. Serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 801 cal
- 32.3 g
- 66.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"This was ok, not as good as I hoped it would be. If you like avocado I suggest you try CRUMBED AVOCADO STEAK from this site. It's 100% better than this dish!..." See more"
"This recipe produces an excellient tasting dish with endless variations...I usually change it up a bit, I add Pacante sauce and fresh jalapenos to the refried beans, and usually pan fry the steak (ven..." See moreison) with the onion and then make guacamole with the avocado...Serve with a side of salsa and corn chips. Wonderfull! Crpdeth"
Squirrel's Great Beef Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.