Applesauce Snacking Cake16 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Delicious for breakfast, or top it with whipped cream and have it as a wonderful dessert.” - by Maker of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch metal cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Add egg substitute and vanilla and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Mixture will be liquid.
- Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and beat on medium speed until very smooth, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture and applesauce and beat on low speed until mixed, approximately 45 seconds.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 170 cal
- 5.7 g
- 24.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This is easy to make but the directions must be followed exactly. An electric mixer is necessary. Very good for a diabetic recipe - moist and soft. Would make it again...." See more"
"VERY GOOD! Big hit at a party at our senior center. At most parties you eat whatever cake they have or you don't eat it because of the sugar. This was a great alternative and didn't taste like "fake c..." See moreake". I had many requests to make it again. (I doubled the recipe and added a couple of tablespoons each of nuts and raisins.)"
Just swipe to see more like this.