Carrots and Onions Au Gratin10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is my mother-in law's recipe. She serves it at Christmas time and it is delicious. If you are looking for ways to get your family to eat more vegetables try this out!” - by JENEMMA
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place carrots and onions in a pot with enough lightly salted water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, and spread 1/2 the carrots and onions in a baking dish. Cover with 3/4 cup cheese, layer with remaining carrots and onions, and top with remaining cheese.
- In a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter and mix in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk until thickened, and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the carrots, onions, and cheese in the baking dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small pot, and mix in bread crumbs. Sprinkle evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 225 cal
- 12.2 g
- 21.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"This had a great flavor, but the sauce seemed too thick. It was almost a paste, and it just stayed on top of the carrots and onions. I made this for my husband and another couple, and we all agreed ..." See morethat it tasted great. I think next time I'll add an extra 1/2 cup of milk or reduce the flour and butter to 2 tablespoons each. Thanks for sharing a new vegetable dish!"
"This was very easy to make and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I used a sweet onion, added a little more cheese than it called for & used Parmesan flavored bread crumbs. I'll definitely be making this ..." See moreagain!"
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
Carrots Au Gratin
Just swipe to see more like this.