Eggnog Pound Cake9 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“A sumptuous holiday pound cake with a Northwestern flavor. Excellent for Christmas buffets or open houses!” - by DOCTOR KITTEN
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch tube or Bundt pan
- In a small bowl, combine dried blueberries, dried cherries, dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoons brandy. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or Bundt pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the eggnog, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in soaked fruit mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together brandy, water, and 3/4 cup sugar. With pastry brush, brush entire surface of cake with glaze. Cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 387 cal
- 13.9 g
- 59.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This is destined to become a family holiday favorite. So good!..." See more"
"Moist, tall cake. I didn't have any dried fruit, so instead I used 6oz. fresh blueberries and 6oz. cooked fresh cranberries. Also didn't have brandy, so I used rum instead. For the glaze, I mixed t..." See moreogether cranberry juice, rum and powdered sugar. The eggnog flavor really came through and I think this is one of the best pound cakes my husband and I has ever eaten! We aren't sharing it with anyone!"
Country Pound Cake
Cold Oven Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.