Excellent Crab Imperial10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A rich, creamy version of an elegant favorite. Great for a dinner party, as it can be made ahead!” - by DOREENBUCH
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 6 individual baking dishes.
- Bring sherry to boil in a medium saucepan, and stir in shallots, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and pimento. Over medium heat, cook, stirring occasionally, until only a small amount of liquid remains.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together heavy cream and egg yolk for about 3 minutes. Stir into the shallot mixture. Mix in dry mustard.
- Remove the mixture from heat, and stir in the crab. Cool, stir in the mayonnaise, then scoop into the prepared dishes. Top with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 513 cal
- 41.3 g
- 11.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"This was wonderful. I did make some changes...left out pimiento, g pepper and mushrooms and I doubled the shallots. Also, recipe doesn't say when to add mayo, but I stirred it in at the end. My whol..." See moree family loved it. Will definitely make this again"
"This was a huge success when I made it for dinner guests recently! It was rich and creamy, and had just the right amount of seasonings that didn't overwhelm the taste of the crab meat. The only chan..." See moreges I made is I didn't use the mushrooms (I never had crab imperial with mushrooms, and my guests don't like them), and I used red bell pepper instead of the green as my guests don't like them either. I used it to stuff lobster tails with, adding the crab half way through the cooking (at 350 degrees), then stuck them under the broiler just long enough to get them golden and bubbly. They're still talking about it."
"This was excellent! It tasted like something you would get at a resturant. I am from Maryland and have grown up on Good Maryland crabs. This recipe won't let you down. Will definitly make again! ..." See moreI used jumbo lump crab meat and would highly recomend to use only the best! My husband Loved it!"
Crab and Swiss Melts
Crab Imperial II
Just swipe to see more like this.