Banana Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce54 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Easy and delicious cheesecake. looks fancy when served drizzled with caramel sauce and yields a lot of servings. Sometimes I double the crust recipe to make a thicker crust.” - by Sharon Emery
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted margarine. Press into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Blend in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and mashed banana. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is set. Cool, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Combine evaporated milk and caramels in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook stirring frequently until caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Garnish the cheesecake with banana slices, and drizzle caramel sauce over.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 567 cal
- 32.3 g
- 61.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (54)Rate This Recipe
"The cheesecake itself is wonderful -- almost the texture of banana pudding, with a thick, flavorful crust. Maybe it's because the crust wasn't baked ahead of time, or maybe because I only used an 8x1..." See more2 baking dish, but it came out very thick and with a great texture, unlike some crusts that fall apart when you serve them. But the other reviewers are right, the caramel sauce is a flop, it's like water. Next time I'll just use pre-made caramel topping, if anything. BTW, don't forget to douse the banana slices in lemon juice or vitamin C before garnishing, so they don't turn brown."
"I made this for a dinner party and it was a big hit! Everyone loved it! Took the advice of different people here. I doubled the amount of mashed bananas and I think it definitely gave the cake a bet..." See moreter, stronger, more "banana" flavor. I also "cheated" and just used a jar of caramel sauce from the store. Shortly before serving, I decorated the top with the caramel sauce and sliced bananas around the rim. This cake is so easy but tastes like you slaved over it for hours! Will definitely be making this again!!"
"The cheesecake is very creamy! Not dry like some cheesecakes. Good Crust, just a hint of sweetness. Next time I'd make it 1 cup banana for more flavor. Also, the caramels should be melted in a double..." See more broiler and add the evaporated milk slowly until it reaches the consistency desired. Drizzle on cool cheesecake. Cover to keep from drying out. Family liked it and so did co-workers! Thanks for sharing."
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
Apple Cheesecake Bars with Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.